Complaint Review: Arizona Republic

Phoenix, Arizona
  • Phone: 602-444-1000
  • Web:
  • Category: Media

I give up, these people are impossible !! After weeks of back and forth, placed on eternal hold, voice messages not returned and just plain rudeness, I have decided it's just not worth it. The Arizona Republic stopped delivering my paper due to what it claims was nonpayment of our invoice. We paid the invoice online 7-19-08 and it showed as deducted on our bank statement 7-23-08. They keep claiming they didn't get it.

I tried repeatedly to give them the reference number but they refuse to research their error. With all the arrogance and condascension they could muster they insist that I have to fax my bank statement to them. I asked them if they were kidding with this??!! My bank has strongly suggested that I should not do that. That is private information and is no business of theirs.

We spoke with any number of nitwits on the phone, including supervisors and managers, all to no avail, and they will not bend. Needless to say, in their ineptitude and disorganization they still point the finger at me and tell me it's my problem to prove myself innocent. So, they have my money, and I have no paper.

Oddly enough, they seem to have no problem canceling my subscription at my request, and can do THAT right away......

I have been anatomically specific on what they can do with their paper. No thanks, and never again. These people are complete morons......

Jeff in phoenix
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2008 02:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/arizona-republic/phoenix-arizona-85004/arizona-republic-you-get-my-money-i-get-no-paper-phoenix-arizona-382432. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

At Last -- Closure......

AUTHOR: Jeff in phoenix - (U.S.A.)

Well, it seems after a letter/fax to the AZ Republic I've finally gotten someone's attention. A few days ago I received a refund check for the full amount we paid them. Mind you, no letter of apology, or any admission of their error etc. I did however, get another call from someone asking why I cancelled my subscription, I guess one department doesn't communicate with another. I briefly told my story, then again expressed strongly that I did not want to be contacted again. I'm done with them. Wouldn't advise doing business with them.

More From the Arizona Republic Disorganization

AUTHOR: Jeff in phoenix - (U.S.A.)

On top of the already more than frustrating dealings with this inept and disorganized company now they find it necessary to send me notices saying I owe them money.... so today against my banks instructions I faxed them a copy of my bank statement proving payment was approved and issued. In the cover letter I was explicit in my instructions to not contact me again. So far I've heard nothing. Hopefully this will be the last I'll hear from them.