Complaint Review: Arizona Republic

• Updated: Wed, February 15, 2006
  • Reported By: apache junction Arizona
  • Arizona Republic

Phoenix, Arizona

Arizona Republic We run it until it sells..., false advertising, once they stopped they started to find excuses Ripoff Phoenix Arizona

In 2005 I called the "Arizona Republic" for a classified ad in order to sell my car. Their message was: "Arizona Republic- the one that works. We run you advertisement on Cars.com and in the shopper until it sells" I paid almost $ 50,- got one phone call for the printed ad in the Republic and about 3 months later another phone call for the online ad on cars.com.

when I called in february 2006 to repeat the ad I was told: "no we don't do that anymore, that was only until the end of last year, you also had to run the ad continuously."

Arizona Republic never mentioned that their "Run until it sells" offer expired if the customer would not call repeatedly. This is something they came up to excuse themselves from breaking the contract. (It's nice in these days that you can sell a product over the phone, without anything in writing, giving you the possibility of changing, adding and modifying anything that had previously been agreed upon orally)

I recommend: don't believe these liars, whatever they offer over the phone is bull*****. their ads don't work anyway, its a waste of money.

Steven
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2006 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/arizona-republic/phoenix-arizona/arizona-republic-we-run-it-until-it-sells-false-advertising-once-they-stopped-they-st-176380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content