Complaint Review: Art Platform NYC

• Art Platform NYC
    817 Broadway 5th floor
    New York City, New York
    USA

Art Platform NYC, APNYC, Juliette Townsend, Charlie Vaughn A Scam charging artists for promotion and art fairs never to be realised, also responsible for credit card fraud New York City New York

I am an artist based in Berlin Germany who has been the victim of an art scam by Art Platform NYC, contact person: Juliette Townsend.  I am part of a group of artists (20 at the moment but the list grows daily the more artists we contact) who have been deceived.  We have purchased services and products that have not materialised, several of us have had credit cards charged multiple times.  The services include onlne promotion and also participation in Art Fairs, and also a feature in their upcoming art book. This book has never been published. Much of my time has been wasted with this platform, who always have excuses and apologies at the ready. I have doubted them for some time now but it has only been recently since I was in touch with the other artists from the site that we are all now clear what is happening and that it is a scam.

Most of the artists being “represented" by Art Platform NYC are located overseas, which is how APNYC is managing to get away with their fraudulent behavior.  There are only two artsits on the platform living in New York.

Since we began communicating via an email thread all but three of us have been removed from the website and the three that are left have no website link on the site, even though Art Platform has no apparent way to discern which of the artists are in communication.

Some artists have had multiple payments withdrawn from their accounts which have never been repayed, which makes this company also responsoble for credit card fraud. There has also been incidents where art work was sent and never returned, so theft of art artworks also. Luckily I never provided them with my bank details or sent any art work, so I have just lost my initial payment of $950USD and a lot of my time and energy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2016 02:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/art-platform-nyc/new-york-city-new-york-10003/art-platform-nyc-apnyc-juliette-townsend-charlie-vaughn-a-scam-charging-artists-for-pr-1316020. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content