Complaint Review: ASAP Motors

Houston, Texas
  • Phone: 888-888-221-1440
  • Web:
  • Category: Auto Parts

I ordered an engine from ASAP, they told me it would take them 5 days to deliver it. Two weeks later, it finally arrived, my mechanic mounted the engine only to find out that it was defective, it knocked a lot and smoked like crazy. I called ASAP, informed them about the situation, they said that it smoked because of the oil they put in the engine to preserve it, but it would eventually stop after a couple days. What about the interior knocking?? Tell your mechanic to adjust the lifters, sometimes they come loose during transport. ASAP would pay for the adjustments, they said they didn't think it could be any more than $100 or $200.

My mechanic told me that if would cost a lot more to fix this problem, and that I was better off getting another engine. So I decided to send back the motor, and I also asked for a refund. ASAP said they would refund me on 9/1/08, but nothing happened. I called them back two days after, and they told me on 9/4/08. I called back on the 7th and I talked to Jason, he said he was going to find out what happened with my refund and call me back. Today is the 12th and I haven't received any phone calls from ASAP. I called again several times and asked for Jason, but the answer is that " he is not in today". I still haven't receive a refund to this day.

What can I do to get my money back. Can someone help me out?

Tony A
Laurel, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2008 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/asap-motors/houston-texas/asap-motors-asap-a-ripoff-do-not-buy-from-them-all-they-care-about-is-getting-your-cr-372278. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
6Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

THIS COMPANY NOW GOES BY THE NAME APOLLO ENGINES SAME RIP OFF OWNERS

AUTHOR: Paul - (United States of America)

WATCH OUT THEY WERE SUED BY THE TEXAS ATTORNEY GENERAL AND NOW HAVE CHANGED THIER NAME TO APOLLO ENGINES!! THEESE ARE THE SAME RIPP OFF OWNERS JUST CHANGED THEIR NAME TO HIDE THIER SUIT FROM POTENTIAL VICTUMS

DO NOT BUY THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF ! AFTER YOU PAY THEM FOR  A MOTOR OR TRANSMISSION THEY CLAIM TO HAVE IN STOCK THEY CALL LOCAL JUNK YARDS TO FIND IT AND THEN SEND IT TOO YOU THEY LIE TO EVERYONE DO NOT BUY

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Your not the first

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Contacting the attorney general is probably your best bet but even that is almost zero. I worked there, I know all the tricks. First of all, it took two weeks because they didn't own the motor. They buy virtually all of their motors from junk yards AFTER you buy it from them. What kind of car? Make, model, year? I can proably even tell you what they told about the motor. Anyway, none of that rally matters unless you plan on doing something about it. If you do, contact me and I can help you.
P.S. Jason is ALWAYS there. They don't even take lunch breaks.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Arnold - (U.S.A.)

You need to contact the Texas attorney general's office and let them know about this. Asap was sued by the attorney general for defrauding individuals, and in the settlement Asap was supposed to clean up their act.

#4 Consumer Suggestion