Report: #692046

• Ashworth College
    430 technology parkway
    Internet
    United States of America

Ashworth College Ashworth High School scammed...stupid...liars...i feel horrible...rude...inconsistent..not legit..fraud..fake... Internet

*Author of original report: ashworth high school scam

I signed up for online high school classes on Dec. 31, 2010.
I paid $70 dollars over the phone via debit because I was told that this day was the last of their 35% off tution. My original amount would have been $1, 010.00 but because of the discount I would only have to pay $657.00.

I was not told at first that I would have to do an online test and send them my transcripts before getting my books. So, I waited 2 weeks and then called the school. I was told then that I had to do these 2 things before recieving my books. So afterward, I called Ashworth and was told if my school faxed my transcripts then I could get my books faster. I gave my old school the number. She faxed them twice.

The second time, she faxed them while I was talking to her. I called the school a couple of days later and was told they recieved my transcripts. This was a couple of weeks ago. The guy told me that my books would be here next week (meaning last week 2-1-2011). Here it is monday of this week and still nothing. I have however received 3 emails the same but from 3 different people telling me they still havent gotten my transcripts.

I have emailed them 2 times and told them to send me my money back and take me off as a student because I am done with them. This is ridiculous. I cant believe that I fell for something like this. It makes me feel so stupid because I didnt graduate and I thought this was it. They really fooled me. I have since then cancelled my debit card because they have the number on file. They are not taking any more money from me and I dont think I should have to pay the balance because I havent even fully became a student.

I really hope that you can help me out with my problem. I should have done better research and now because of this I will from now on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2011 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ashworth-college/internet/ashworth-college-ashworth-high-school-scammedstupidliarsi-feel-horriblerude-692046. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

ashworth high school scam

AUTHOR: Angel - (United States of America)

they keep emailing me telling me to contact my school for the "official" transcripts. ive told them that i dont want to be on their list anymore because i havent recieved my books. they keep telling me that i am a student and owe them money. how can i owe money for something i was never officially part of? they said my transcripts were "unofficial". the guy on the phone never told me that. he said i would get my books the next week. why did they have to go and crush my dreams? i just wanted an education and they are stalling. i should have seen this coming. my husband told me to check them out first, but i didnt. now i am a scam-victim.