Complaint Review: Aspire Visa Credit Card

www.aspirecard.com
    Atlanta, Georgia

Aspire Visa Credit Card Account terminated for NO reason Atlanta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: The reason

Received a "Notice of Termination" letter in the mail from this company. Have been with Aspire for 3+ years and have always been on time with my payments and have never been over my credit limit. Out of nowhere I get this letter saying that on this certain date no more charges are allowed and my account is being closed. I emailed the customer service(what a joke) and got a reply back about a week later. They told me that from time to time they review portfolios and at times close them. That is the only reason they would give for this!

Is this company really treating its customers this way!?! Glad to see that I am not the only one going through this. This company is a joke and needs to be dealt with. I have already written a letter to my local representatives and my senator in hopes that it will catch their attention. Hopefully they will act on this and maybe get something done about it.

Devron
Dayton, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2008 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aspire-visa-credit-card/atlanta-georgia/aspire-visa-credit-card-account-terminated-for-no-reason-atlanta-georgia-396959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

The reason

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

The reason they closed your account is because they are closing ALL accounts, and are no longer going to have this credit card. As near as I can read and decipher the reason seems to stem from the parent company Compucredit being sued by the Federal Government for several violations.

So in a way if they are being sued by the government they are "being delt with".