Complaint Review: Associates National Bank (Citigroup)

• Submitted: Thu, July 17, 2003
  • Updated: Mon, January 26, 2004
  • Reported By: Prattville Alabama
  • Associates National Bank (Citigroup)
    4550 New Linden Rd Wilmington, Deleware 19808
    Wilmington, Delaware

I first started my account with Associates National Bank (Citigroup) about a year ago. Well I lost my job, and could no longer keep up the payments. So long story short I joined Ameridebt. The only creditor not to work with me has been Associates National Bank.

Get this when I enrolled with my CCS I was only $42 over my credit limit with them. Well now a good 6 months later I am now $442 over the my credit limit. And the payments are being made on time, and they are still charging me a late payment fee of $29. My due date for them is the 1st day of the month, and the payments are being made on the 25th of the month, and they are still charging me late fees. And over the limit fees of $29 a month also. So lets see thats a total of $58 a month.

I have not seen a statement in 6 months, and they say it's just my post office. Oh, yeah what a fluke huh? And on top of all that my intrest rate has gone up from 16.74% to 20.24%, and I am in DEBT MANAGMENT. Go figure huh? And I just found out about all of this. So I try to get online to get my statements, and they say I can't get them that way because of my account status.

They are all CROOKS!!! So all in all I still owe them a crap load of money that I should not. I am still receiving late and over the limit fees. And my intrest rate and steady rising.

Rebecca
Prattville, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/17/2003 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/associates-national-bank-citigroup/wilmington-delaware-19808/associates-national-bank-citigroup-exxon-mobil-master-card-issued-by-associates-national-63964. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
5Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Same thing happened to me about 8 years ago

AUTHOR: D & J - (U.S.A.)

Same thing happened to me except that my credit card went to someone with the same address, not in Whitefish, but in Vasalia, CA. Never been there. I cut up the replacement card they sent me and didn't use it at all. Meanwhile, the person kept charging on the card and they held me responsible. Even with an attorney they kept coming after me. Attorney was a wuss and agreed that we would pay half of the $300 although it wasn't my charge. No statements, no anything- they worked through our attorney with it and we never saw any documentation that showed payments, charges, etc. ABN ignored all of the info I gave them. Still figure it was an employee that did it.

How do you know that you are making your minumum payment due on time if you are not getting your statements and can not see them online?

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (U.S.A.)

Not that your lying or anything, but if you don't receive your statement every month: a) how do you know when it is due? and b) how do you know how much is do? Payments are not due on the same day every month and also you are to give credit card companies at least 10 days to post a check not 6-7 days-this is why you are getting late fee's.