I have Asurion/Verizon Insurance. I sent in defective cell Dec. 24, after received replacement cell the same day I received it. Since then I have received 4 more defective cell phones from Asurion/Verizon delivered by FedEx. Now I cannot get another replacement cell because they have not received the ones I have sent back, although FedEx says they are in transit. It is not my fault they keep sending me defective cell phones. It is not my fault it takes forever to get their bad cells back after I put them right back in the post office mail box basically the same day I received them. The box they come in says to send back though the post office, not FedEx, it also comes with a return label you apply to the box after you remove the old shipping label.
- Original phone: the cell I had for two years would not turn on, call Asurion/Verizon 12-21-12 about replacement.
- 1st replacement (received 12-24, shipped back old cell same day 12-24): after 2 weeks would not charge using wall or car charger.
- 2nd replacement (received 1-16, shipped back same replacement 1-16, kept phone that would not charge): push power button, lit up but never activated.
- 3rd replacement (received 1-17, I was told to keep using that one, I sent back phone that would not charge along with 16 GB sim card by accident 1-18): home key did not work.
- 4th replacement (received 1-18, returned same replacement 1-18): slide to unlock did not work.
I sent every cell phone back either the same day I got it except one which when back the next day.
I am still using a cell that the home key does not work, and now the screen keeps jumping up and down, and the return key is starting not to work correctly.
My have lived up to my contract word for word. I have sent back every cell within five days like the contract says. They are telling me I cannot get another replacement phone until they receive all the replacement phones back, which is their in-house policy which has NOTHING TO DO WITH OUR CONTRACT!
They have tried to get me to change my plan every time I call there, that way they can send me a different phone, but I like my plan; unlimited everything.
As far as I am concerned they have breached their contract with me. They are supposed to
according to the contract send me a like new replacement cell overnight if mine is not working through no fault of my own. The contract never said I had to wait until they get all of their replacement phones back first. It is not my fault they are sending me cell phones that are defective, it is not my fault their return shipping labels are not overnight labels.
According to Asurion/Verizon FedEx said they have the replacement phones and are not scheduled to return them to Asurion/Verizon until the 31 of January, now, does that sound like a scam Asurion/Verizon is running are what?
After two weeks I still do not have a decent working and dependable cell phone.