Complaint Review: ASUS Computer International

• ASUS Computer International
    800 Corporate Way
    fremont, California
    United States of America

ASUS Computer International Asus Customer Service Warranty Issue Defective products Screen lift or crack issue fremont, California

On 7/14/2012 I Purchased their Nexus 7 from a local retailer. The Product came with a manufacturer defect I knew nothing about until my own product broke. I did an online search and found several cases of people complaining about the lifted screen or the screen cracking for no reason. Apparently a lot of these tablet are being sold with the left side of the screen lifted from the case. It is such a slight lift that you do not notice it at first. This lift compromised the structural integrity of the product. I used the product, walked to another room and when I went to use the product I notice the crack originating from where one of my fingers had been placed. I contacted them and set up a (RMA) case, and shipped my product to them. I sent in several pictures of similar cracks and complaints of the lifted screen issues I found online. I wanted to provide them with evidence about this manufacturer defect. [continued below]....
.....  On August 27, 2012 I receive an e-mail from them stating that they were sorry for the delay, and that I only had 5 days to submit payment because it was considered a (CID) Customer induced damage.  If I do not pay before 8/30/2012, they will ship my product back in its current state. This does not give me time to escalate my complaint with the company. I sent them a notice of claim, explaining that I will file a petition with the small claim courts if my issue could not be resolved. I have yet to receive anything back from them, no contact info, no email, no phone call.

I would like them to repair my defective product under the 1 year warranty.
They need to stop selling defective products and provide proper support. Especially when they make products for another company i.e, Google Inc.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2012 06:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/asus-computer-international/fremont-california-94539/asus-computer-international-asus-customer-service-warranty-issue-defective-products-scree-933987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content