• Report: #221514
Complaint Review:

AT & T Wireless, Unifund, Palisades Collection

  • Submitted: Mon, November 20, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, December 02, 2006

  • Reported By:Gig Harbor Washington
AT & T Wireless, Unifund, Palisades Collection
10625 Techwoods Circle Redmond, Bellevue, Seattle, Washington U.S.A.

AT & T Wireless, Unifund, Palisades Collection Triple billing, collections, credit report damage for paid bills Redmond, Bellevue, Seattle Washington

*Consumer Suggestion: Tim, thats not what I,ve heard from several lawyers

*Consumer Comment: The vast majority of lawyers can practice in the federal courts

*Consumer Comment: Thanks Steve.

*Consumer Suggestion: John, she needs a lawyer. Here's a trick

*Consumer Comment: Need advise.

*Consumer Suggestion: Jeff, NEVER pay a JUNK DEBT BUYER!

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

What's this?
Corporate Advocacy Program

Show customers why they should trust your business over your competitors...

What's this?
What's this?
Is this
Ripoff Report
About you?
Ripoff Report
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
commitment to
customer satisfaction
Click here now..

Does your business have a bad reputation?
Fix it the right way.
Corporate Advocacy Program™

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

SEO Reputation Management at its best!

AT&T Wireless stopped service on a business account opened over 7 years ago due to my business going out of business. They billed each phone 150.00 cancel fee and stopped service. The final bills were paid and we went on with our life. in 2001 Another collection agency Allied contacted me and said I owed AT&T 1500.00. They said they would be willing to accept 700.00 and cancel the rest of the debt. I borrowed money from family and paid the bill.

year 2004 rolls around and I have Palisades now collecting for 1500. I told them about the prior billing and they ended up sending another collection to sit on my credit. The rep told me they would get there money or ruin my credit trying. I had no records left after the business so i paid the full 1500 this time. Now I have received a letter from unifund saying they have purchased the account from Palisades and I owe them 1544.08. I don't have any more money.

These collection companies are ripping me off and it's because of AT&T Wireless. Im not sure how to go to war with these large companies that ruin peoples credit and cause them so much stress.

Gig Harbor, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2006 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/at-t-wireless-unifund-palisades-collection/redmond-bellevue-seattle-washington-98332/at-t-wireless-unifund-palisades-collection-triple-billing-collections-credit-report-221514. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AT & T Wireless, Unifund, Palisades Collection

Search for additional reports

If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:

Search Tips
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?
0Author 6Consumer 0Employee/Owner
Updates & Rebuttals

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Tim, thats not what I,ve heard from several lawyers

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)


I've been told by several lawyers they couldn't do federal court.

Don't know if it was couldn't or wouldn't, but the end result was the same. They didn't.

Again, it's just what I,ve been told,

But how do you know when an attorney is lying?
His lips are moving!
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#2 Consumer Comment

The vast majority of lawyers can practice in the federal courts

AUTHOR: Tim - (U.S.A.)


There are very few lawyers that can't appear in federal court. Generally, when you wrap up the admission process for a given state's bar, you also get yourself admitted to the federal courts of that state. The oaths for the state and federal courts are even administered in the same ceremony in most states.

And all that is required for admission to ANY federal court is membership in ANY state's bar (and a small fee). So I, as an Indaina lawyer, can gain admission to ANY federal court just by filing the application and fee.

In this case, a motion for change of venue, in a federal court, would be not only a HUGE procedural blunder, but would also be just as ethcially wrong as what you allege this collector did. There's nothing in the report that indicates that there was a venue problem. Notice, yes; jurisdiction, maybe; venue, no.

There is a procedure for dealing with these types of judgments. It's usually the first thing a new law student learns about. And it's got nothing to do with a change of venue.

But the main advice is good: your sis needs a lawyer!
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#3 Consumer Comment

Thanks Steve.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

I was hoping you'd respond.
It's really diffcult to do this with her in Hawaii and no phone of her own plus her busy schedule.

Today, A certified one showed up at my mother's mailbox in the post office and she signed for it. I don't know why or what the ramifications of this will be but she hasn't lived here in this state for 8 years.

I was planning on seeking counsel but did not know about Federal status counsel.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#4 Consumer Suggestion

John, she needs a lawyer. Here's a trick

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)


She should get a lawyer, and an easy way to beat them is to file for a change of venue to a FEDERAL COURT. This is easily done, and it will most likely remove all of their in house lawyers from the case as they are most likely not a member of the federal bar.

Any lawyer get get that judgement vacated for bad service, or for expired SOL.

She should countersue them for damages and be sure to file a bar association complaint on the lawyer who did the filings on the case. Sewer service is a major ethics violation as is forging documents filed with the court, which is a felony in most states. I would seek criminal prosecution as well.

Seek out a lawyer who can appear in federal court.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#5 Consumer Comment

Need advise.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Need some advise for a relative.

Unifund originally was calling my personal phone looking for a realtive who does not live hear. Since I work, I would get the messages when I get home. They would not identify themselves in the messages. I had to research the number to find out who it was.

They sent letters to our address. The first thing I found odd was that Obviously they were goping to the wrong address and secondly, that her name was spelled wrong. I figured if it was legit and they indeed had some form of agreement with her, the name would at least be spelled correctly much less have a correct address. We are in NJ-she is in Hawaii for the last 8 years and is a resident there.

So, I forwarded her the info. Being young and naive, she didn't know what to do. She alleges she owes nothing. One of the envelopes contained papers that she had to go to court here in NJ.
I did some looking on the net and found someone in Hawaii who allegedly was heloping people in this stuff but he never got back to her, nor did she tell me this.

Now, she gets a letter here yesterday from the attorney. I emailed her about it and told her it probably isn't good and she asks me what it is. I opened it and she now has a judgement against her and has 14 days to respond.

She alleges she has tried to call the court but being 6 hours behind plus so far away, it gets costly waiting for people to pickup a ringing phone only to have no one answer it. I don't know what she was going to say anyway but....

So I told her to copy what she got already from here and send it to me to look over.

My issue is, what can I advise her to do now? Is there anything I can do on my end that can help her out? I have read some of the complaints about paperwork being intentionally sent to the wrong address on purpose but don't know if it would pertain to this at this junction.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
Respond to this report!
What's this?

#6 Consumer Suggestion


AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)


The first rule is to NEVER speak to any third party debt collector or debt buyer. NEVER!! Get everything in writing!

Communicate only by certified mail, return receipt requested. Be sure to put the certified# on the letter itself, and keep a copy for your records. This procedure is very important.

The second rule is to never pay anything without making them prove to you that you owe it! In most cases they can't. Always send a DEBT VALIDATION request. Demand to see whatever you signed to create the debt, along with a full account history and itemization of charges.

If they put false information on your credit, you sue them for damages. Any threats of ruining your credit if you don't pay them is actually extortion and is a crime.

Go to FTC.gov and read the FDCPA and then file a complaint online while there.

Good luck!
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Report & Rebuttal
Respond to this report!
What's this?
Also a victim?
What's this?
Repair Your Reputation!
What's this?