Complaint Review: Atlantic Magazine Service, Community Reading Club Of Delray Beach

• Submitted: Fri, April 14, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, April 14, 2006
  • Reported By: Covington Louisiana
  • Atlantic Magazine Service, Community Reading Club Of Delray Beach
    2301 W Sample Rd, Bldg 5, Suite 6c
    Pompano Beach, Florida

Atlantic Magazine Service, Community Reading Club Of Delray Beach, Atlantic Magazine Service, ripoff company. Tells me I can't cancel subscription. Pompano Beach Florida

Atlantic Magazine Services called late one evening stated I had won a prize, a diamond watch and I would would receive free magazines also.. They started naming off of magazines asking which ones I would be intered in.

I gave them the names of 5 and they said I would need to give them a cc#. I did not know I would be paying for 3 years subscription on these magazines. I called them to tell them I wanted to cancel the subscription and was told I could not cancell the subscription as they had already paid for the magazines.

I wrote them a note telling them to cancell subscription, also sent copy to their Verification Dept @ One North Superior St, Sandusky, OH 44870. I was called by Jay, extention 272, somebody from their leagl department(?) who told me they had turned my account over to him for collection.

I stated to him I wanted to cancell the subscription, he said I could and he would transfer me to customer service. I talked with Sanaka and she stated Jay didn't know what he was talking about, that I couldn't cancell. I could exchange magazines but I could not cancel.

This company is a Big Rip Off

Edna
Covington, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2006 07:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/atlantic-magazine-service-community-reading-club-of-delray-beach/pompano-beach-florida-33073/atlantic-magazine-service-community-reading-club-of-delray-beach-atlantic-magazine-servi-186703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content