Complaint Review: AT&T Formerly Cingular Wireless

• Reported By: killeen Texas
  • AT&T Formerly Cingular Wireless
    www.att.com/wireless
    Nationwide

AT&T Formerly Cingular Wireless Charged me for a customer service call unfairly Natonwide

I have had numerous problems with ATT wireless. I was ripped off with my phone purchase ending in a $700 charge on my credit card for a $300 dollar phone (including activation, and other fees). However this is not my major concern. I called ATT and asked if they could update their records to reflect my new address and last name. (my credit card and bank both did this for free for comparison) The customer service representative told me she could not help me and promptly finished the phone call. I never received any notice/warning that I would be charged (my debit card on file) for the service call. I called back to discuss the charge and the agent informed me that he could not help me and soon after I noticed another charge for calling again. Since when is customer service worth $35.98 a call?

(Also, the location of ATT corporate headquarters is very hard to find on the wireless website. No physical contact address is listed. Instead you're encouraged to go into a authorized store. The phone number provided is the customer service hot line)

Amelia
killeen, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/23/2009 03:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/att-formerly-cingular-wireless/nationwide/att-formerly-cingular-wireless-charged-me-for-a-customer-service-call-unfairly-natonwide-472493. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content