ABUSE, DECEIT, BAIT & SWITCH, SMALL BUSINESS UNFAIR CHARGING PRACTICES AT AT&T SHAWSHANK
Description of Complaint:
This shall be, as a token of good will, my last complaint to the BBB against AT&T Mobility (Wireless), before I proceed further with social media action. As of today, my wireless bill for three months was over $1,700. As an act of good faith, I allowed a scheduled payment to stand for $500+ - As of last week, my service has been suspended, which is the only means
for me to communicate with my clients and seek further business. The bill is now $1,220.19!!!
This complaint has been several months in the making:
1) Gross over billing.
2) REPEATED Deceitful sales practices by AT&T Store on Hwy 75 in Dallas.
3) REPEATED DECEITFUL and MISGUIDING promises of remediation (the hot dog birthday balloon method), in which one end would be squeezed (fixed), meaning a bill adjustment was made at the ATT store, only to appear with additional,
unrelated charges later.
4) The above mentioned evasive and DEVIOUS technique, was multiplied over three-four times.
5) My attempts at re-mediating the aforementioned ABUSE cost me income and equaled to the best of my knowledge, 20+ hours.
6) The above troubles were amplified by a gross and dereliction of knowledge and good housekeeping practices, over
making just ONE MORE SALE, when I had brought a DUAL SIM CARD SAMSUNG PHONE, WHICH I THEN CHANGED TO THE NOTE 7 FROM SAMSUNG.
This phone had a fire hazard, which I then turned in, I was still charged for the phone, and I had to go back to my old DUAL SIM card Samsung phone. One the enticement of the DEVIOUS SALES PEOPLE AT AT&T STORE, I switched to the Samsung Edge 7, converting back to a single SIM card.
7) To further complicate matters, I was told that I could switch to and upgrade, without further financial responsibility to an iPhone 7, from an iPhone 6. I have been billed for the iPhone 6.
8) AT&T Corporate made an attempt, which I though was in good faith, did nothing to ameliorate my situation.
9) Based on this repeated ABUSIVE behavior, I am demanding compensation for my pain and suffering (stress and anxiety)/