Complaint Review: AT&T

• AT&T

Nationwide
    USA

AT&T, Direct TV Didn't receive discount on monthly bill as advised. Nationwide

AT&T ownes Direct TV so we got a bundled packaged when switching cell phone service from Sprint in Aug. 2016.

In April 2017 I upgraded my cell phone service.  The only difference between the plan I picked & the only other plan above mine was hotspot service on our phones which isn't needed.  I was told because I was upgradeding to a premium package, after 3 months I would receive a $25.00 credit towards my Direct TV bill.  This was confirmed by 3 different cust. service people on 3 different days.

I have all the persons names, dates, & times I spoke with them.  After checking my bill when the discount was supposed to be applied there was no discount.  I called Direct TV who said I neeed to call AT&T so back & forth I went.

Long story short I was told the plan I was on didn't offer this discount. I explained to the CSR what I was told, by whom, dates & times. She put me on hold to check with her manager & I was advised they were not able to give me the $25.00 discount. I explained my plan expires Aug. 2018 & I'll be dropping them at that time & to remove me from all mailing lists as I'm no longer interested in receiving any info.  Most TV isn't worth watching anyway so I'll probably switch to a streaming service such as Hulu.

I'm in sales & when you tell a cusotmer something you better deliver & not lie to them like I was lied too.

To be fair, I am happy with AT&T's cell phone service & glad I switched from Sprint. AT&T is so much better then Sprint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2017 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/att/nationwide/att-direct-tv-didnt-receive-discount-on-monthly-bill-as-advised-nationwide-1394133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content