Complaint Review: AT&T

• AT&T
    P.O. Box 1809
    Paramus, New Jersey
    USA

AT&T Sales Nationwide Scams the public with offers of bundled deals! Sacramento California

*UPDATE Employee: Not true

When I called At&t to see what promotions they had available because my one year contract was to expire in 22 days, I was very surprised to hear from the Service Rep. that the only promos available would cost me at least $40 more dollars per month than what I had been paying for the past year for the same bundled services for Uverse internet, phone and cable tv. She suggested I call back another time  so I did.

When I called back I got the same response as above, no promos that would save me any money-- so I asked for a Supervisor. Suddenly the Supervisor, who is actually in their Customer Retention Dept. was able to give me a promo plan that was comparable to what I paid the year before for the same service.

I believe they initially tried to say they didn't have a promo I wanted because they assumed that the closer I got to my promo expiration date, I'd be desparate enough for their services to pay more. Instead I told them I was willing to disconnect all of their services if they couldn't match Comcast's offer.

They will try to defend themselves by saying only Reps. in the Retention Dept. can offer those deals but that's just their way getting customers to pay more who don''t challenge them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2013 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/att/paramus-new-jersey-07653/att-sales-nationwide-scams-the-public-with-offers-of-bundled-deals-sacramento-californ-1086477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Not true

AUTHOR: moneylover916 - ()

I see where you would think you were lied to but unfortunately agents are only able to make certain adjustments, which are very few and the information you were given is what is required for us to do. so actually the job was donw correctly which is great for you. supervisor have certain promotions agents dont have as well but not as good as the loyalty specialists. just fyi!