Complaint Review:

• Updated: Tue, June 16, 2009

• Reported By:New York New York
Puppyfind.com
puppyfind.com Internet U.S.A.

Puppyfind.com Fraudulent ads, Stolen Photos, Scammers Allowed to Operate with Impunity Ripoff Internet

*Consumer Comment: Victim of a puppyfind.com fraudulent ad using stolen puppy photos and stealing my money!

*Consumer Suggestion: The Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: AMEN TO THAT!!

*Consumer Suggestion: AMEN TO THAT!!

For months, scam atists posing as sellers have been using stolen photos in their ads, claiming they are pictures of dogs for sale. I doubt very many, if any of the ads on Puppyfind are legitimate, at least not in the French Bulldog category. My dogs' photos have been stolen from several websites and posted in ads under the different names, ages, sexes with different seller names and multiple locations. Sometimes they are posted with the watermark or copyright insignia. Each time, I notify Puppyfind, and they do NOTHING. I threaten the seller with legal action and sometimes they remove the ad only to post again a day or two later with the same photo or another stolen photo. Every, let me stress EVERY time that I have gone on Puppyfind to get the url for fraudulent ads with my bulldogs' photos, I find a friend's dog's photo in an ad or a breeder's photo from their website or a photo stolen from the Dogster site. It is ridiculous. The sellers should be prosecuted since they are obviously fleecing unsuspecting buyers and Puppyfind should be held liable for knowingly allowing them to do so.

Please if you are looking for a puppy, this is not the place to find your dog. If you do receive a puppy, and that is doubtful, the chances that it will be healthy are slim to none. Find a breeder if you want a purebred dog or go to a shelter and adopt but this site operates with no thought for their legal or ethical responsibility to the buyers.

J.Z.
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2006 10:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/attorney-generals/puppyfind-com/puppyfind-com-fraudulent-ads-175813. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Puppyfind.com

AUTHOR: Tina - (U.S.A.)

I am a VICTIM of a puppyfind.com fraudulent ad advertising pure breed English bulldog puppies for sale. I would never have used the internet to try and purchase a puppy but I called all local vets and in my area and no one has pure breed English bulldogs and no one has information on where I can find a legitimate breeder of English Bulldogs. I went online about three weeks ago and I purchased a puppy after careful investigation on what to watch out for in regards to scam artists out there. I did everything I was suppose to to avoid scams and I was still taken for 1300.00 on a promise of an English bulldog puppy I purchased and it never came. I have filed a police report with the Dunn, NC police department. I have his various names and states ( these all change each day; puppy name changes, seller's name changes, and state and location changes) filed in my report. I have the photos of the puppy that was promised me and other photos sent to me from this scam seller. I would like to post these photos and see who out there recognizes these. Maybe these photos were sent to you as well. Maybe someone out there was scammed by the same person as I was and maybe we can try and get this person with the help of the police. Anyone out there with a similar complaint via puppyfind.com please contact me or the Dunn, NC police department. I will not stop my investigation until this scam artist is behind bars and I get me money back plus! If everyone out there files a report with the police maybe they can start connecting the puzzle and catch these scammers or scam ring and put an end to selling dogs on the internet and the internet making money off of it.

T. L
North Carolina
U.S.A

#2 Consumer Suggestion

The Internet

AUTHOR: Milton - (U.S.A.)

Yah, that is a sensitive point. GIFs, JPGs and TIFFs can be branded so that if they are ripped the brand remains. Even with Photoshop, if the brand is placed well, it will be nearly impossible to remove without everyone knowing it. The metadata can be changed by virtually anyone.

You have a lock on your front door? Yes?

More people come to your website than your front door, yet you have no lock on your site and the copyright material on that site? I want my mommy. Learn it or pay for it. But DO IT!

#3 Consumer Suggestion

AMEN TO THAT!!

AUTHOR: Becky - (U.S.A.)

I seen a friends pups listed and contacted the seller just to see what he would say and he would only accept Wester Union. That is a clear sign. SO puppyfind.com is making a fortune off of the good guys and the bad guys. I hope the buyers start looking elsewhere as well.

Thank you for your post. I wish we can inform the whole US of puppyfind.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

AMEN TO THAT!!

AUTHOR: Becky - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for your post. I wish we can inform the whole US of puppyfind.