Complaint Review: Attorney Howard D. Simmons Esq.

• Submitted: Sun, August 06, 2017
  • Updated: Sun, August 06, 2017
  • Reported By: J. — New York New York USA
  • Attorney Howard D. Simmons Esq.
    225 Broadway
    New York, New York
    USA

Attorney Howard D. Simmons Esq. Howard Simmons, P.C. Simmons promised legal work and representation then scammed me for $5,000 New York New York

I had a horrible experience with Howard D. Simmons Esq. Simmons literally promised the world and did not deliver. Simmons took advantage of my family and me when I needed honest legal representation at a crucial time. Not only did Simmons fail to file an appearance or the paperwork in time but he also violated the Rules of Professional Conduct by never sending a retainer agreement. Simmons defrauded my family out of $5,000.

Simmons also sent a different attorney to court that was never authorized. This other attorney completely failed to represent me properly in court and actually helped the other side of the case. Soon after Simmons contacted my family for an additional $10,000 to continue his representation after the unauthorized lawyer made the situation much worse. [continued below]....

..... Simmons promised my family a refund of the $5,000. Simmons then refused to provide a statement of charges for about 2 months. When confronted with the facts and questioned about the identity of the unauthorized lawyer, Simmons ceased all communication. I was scammed and defrauded by Simmons and I am writing this review to warn others to avoid Howard Simmons, P.C., Howard D Simmons Attorney at Law, 225 Broadway, Suite 1700, New York, NY 10007, (212) 233-1486, (917) 941-3321.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2017 09:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/attorney-howard-d-simmons-esq/new-york-new-york-10007/attorney-howard-d-simmons-esq-howard-simmons-pc-simmons-promised-legal-work-and-repr-1390762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content