Complaint Review: Auction Network Ltd

• Auction Network Ltd
    501 Alden Road
    Markham, Ontario
    Canada

Auction Network Ltd Auctionnetwork.c Company doesn't honour high bids Markham Ontario

*Author of original report: Contacted by Attorney

I placed three (3) separate bids on three separate items on an internet auction conducted by Auction Networks Ltd.
One item I was the only bidder.
A second, there were other bidders but my bid was the highest
And the third I was the only bidder again.

Yet I won none of these items. For all items there was no mention of no reserve, the starting bid was listed as N/A and $0.00.
After auction was completed I didn't receive any notification that I had been outbid and when I logged in to check on the items the only notation was "Item not sold".

No reason or explanation. Just that I had the highest bid and the item was 'Not Sold'.

When I contacted Auction Networks their response was that I should refer to the terms and conditions. My review did not explain why they could void a bid for what I assume is that they don't like the selling price. [continued below]....

.....
Their terms and conditions do state that the 'highest bidder acknowledged by Auction Network will be the purchaser" - but they are not honouring that term/condition of theirs.

I don't expect any favourable resolution as a prior Ripoff Report alludes to them just threatening legal action if a bad review is not removed. A tactic that I'm not surprised at hearing after seeing how they conduct their business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2017 09:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/auction-network-ltd/markham-ontario-l3r-3l4/auction-network-ltd-auctionnetworkc-company-doesnt-honour-high-bids-markham-ontario-1357099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Contacted by Attorney

AUTHOR: - ()

Auction Network, through their attorney, has stated that there items may have confidential minimum prices unknown to bidders and as such they reserve a right to cancel auction participants bids at will (written into their terms and conditions).

Had I paid more consideration to the terms and conditions and considered that confidential reserves may be in place and the unilateral right to cancel bids was available at the sole discretion of the auctioneer I would have chosen not to participate in the auction.