Report: #1193635

• Audio Vision II
    22025 Avalon Blvd
    Carson, California
    USA

I ordered rims for my 550i BMW on a Saturday and was told they would have them in by Thursday, custom painted, and installed by the following Thursday. I was also told they I would receive a phone call by Tuesday to verify that the order was going through. By Thursday I had no phone call. When I called later that Thursday, they said to come in on Friday to have the rims installed.

On Friday, I called to verify a time. I was told to physically come in asap. From this call, I could tell there was going to be an issue. Upon arrival, as I suspected there were no rims. I was told that they painted them and the paint was too dark. It was suggested that I order another set of rims. Since I live in Sacramento, I told the manager that this wasn't going to work and I would like a refund. He went on to say that he would honor whatever price on whatever rims and tires and have them shipped to me at no cost. While this sounded like a great deal, I couldn't find the rims that were to my liking. I was then told to go home and find what I liked on my own and present his with the website that I found them on. He said it was his fault for not ordering the right size. This didn't make sense with his original story because he said that they got the rims and painted them too dark? If he ordered the wrong size rims, why would he have them painted?

In the end, I no longer felt comfortable dealing with this vendor. I returned on Sunday and asked for to have the charges reversed on my card. The manager hesitated but it appeared he was calling the 'owner' to decide what to do. I don't understand the reason for permission for a refund; they messed up the order, I have no rims, therefore I should get an immediate refund, right? I was told the owner was not available and he would call me asap once he got the approval.

Today is Monday at 12:52pm. I called at 10 a.m this morning. The manager picked up and after I told him who I was, he put me on hold. Another worker came on the line and told me they would call me back. I'm betting they won't call me back and if they do, they will tell there are no refunds on their products. Problem is; I never saw the product!  Moreover, Federal law states: Federal law governing refunds is fairly simple and straight forward, applying to online as well as in-store sales. Merchants do not have to provide a full refund on returned goods unless one of the following conditions is true:

*The goods were defective (in this case, the goods were incorrect)
*Refunds are part of the merchant's stated return policy

(See more at: consumer.findlaw.com/con…)

I called Visa instead and got my refund immediately. If you are going to deal with this vendor, don't do it by cash. They do have a No Refund Policy when you sign the receipt so buyer beware.

Update: 12/06/2014 - My bank initially reversed the charges, however, they were re-reversed back to the vendor. The documentation the vendor submitted to the bank was a falsified receipt showing that the rims had actually been installed! When I called the manager (Alex) and explained who I was, he said he knew exactly who I was and had nothing to do with the falsified receipt.  He stated that this was the company's doing and he was not involved in how they dealt with the situation. When I asked him if he remembered whether the rims were installed or not, he said 'of course not, but you decided to deal with your bank instead of us'.  He immediately he hung up and would not pick up any of my ensuing calls.
This obviously is not a business any one should patronize. This is felonious act and I will do everything in my legal power to ensure justice is done in my case and no one else gets ripped off in the future.

On further investigation, I found another Yelp review by Naomi P. (see below) that shows a response from Alex that indicates he's the business owner.

Alex B.
Comment from Alex B. of Audio Vision 2
Business Owner
8/28/2014  Naomi your a doll! Thanks for the great review. Your HID Lights turned our beautiful! If you or your... Read more

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2014 10:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/audio-vision-ii/carson-california-90745/audio-vision-ii-paid-234350-for-rims-and-tires-that-were-never-received-carson-calif-1193635. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

3Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Issue Resolved

AUTHOR: Tony G - ()

Contacted by owner. Money refunded.

Issue Resolved

AUTHOR: Tony G - ()

Owner personally contacted me and refunded my money in total with a very sincere apology.

Not a rebuttal...an update. From Tony L.

AUTHOR: Tony G - ()

1/10/2015 - I was contacted last month by the actual owner, Wess Bosch. He apologized profusely for the situation.  He went as far as trying to find the rims that I originally wanted and offered to give them to me at his cost. In the end, Wess refunded the full amount of what was owed to me.

From the consistent phone calls from him, I found that Wess was a very honorable and well intended gentleman. His professional demeanor ant attempt to help me in any way he could was above and beyond the call of duty.

I look forward to meeting Wess in person and sharing a few beers and laughs.