Complaint Review: Audiofile 583LR Speakers

• Reported By: City New York
  • Audiofile 583LR Speakers
    Black Ford Explorer - 3 White Guys
    San Diego, California

Audiofile 583LR Speakers (sold From A Black Ford Explorer) Audiofile 583LR speaker RipOff - Scam! (sold from a Black Explorer - 3 white guys) San Diego California

3 White guys in a black explorer approached me at my vehicle in the parking lot of La Jolla Village Square on Nobel Dr. and Villa La Jolla Drive. They claimed they were picking up speakers for their boss and that instaed of 4 speakers, the wherehouse gave them 4 pairs. They said their boss would keep 'em all, so they were trying to dump them cheap. They claimed they were worth $1500. The driver, white, short-dark hair, 5'10' or so... pulled out a speaker and showed it to me. After 10 minutes of me saying only had 500 in my account, and i could do it. He started to pack it back up to go. He wanted 600, but when i said i knew someone who might like it. He didnt want me to call, or for anyone to know about it. He insisted i pull money out of an ATM or credit card. And claimed "we could go hide these in the woods, but we dont want to... or, you could keep or resell them..."

They started to go and EXACTLY LIKE THE OTHER REPORT I READ HERE - there were 3 guys: the driver who did the talking (as i described - Italian, about 180lbs - I think), the passenger (hat, pony tail blond, 5'8", heavy 190-200?, and a 3rd white guy in the back seat "skiddish" kept smiling and giving me hang loose signs with his hands.

Anyway, the front passenger jumped out and said that the other guy was being greedy and we agreed on 300. Before he they left he asked me if I had any pot (I dont smoke), and that if I see them at a bar or club, to treat them royally to some beers. I will... treat them... royally. Nuff said. (Should have got the liscense plate)

Anonymous
La Jolla, California

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2004 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/audiofile-583lr-speakers/san-diego-california-92037/audiofile-583lr-speakers-sold-from-a-black-ford-explorer-audiofile-583lr-speaker-ripoff-95975. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content