Complaint Review: Audiofile Home Theater - Speaker Stereo - Custom Audio Professionals

• Submitted: Wed, January 14, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, January 14, 2004
  • Reported By: Wilmington North Carolina
  • Audiofile Home Theater - Speaker Stereo - Custom Audio Professionals
    11885 Jefferson Ave
    Newport News, Virginia

Audiofile Stereo - Custom Audio Professionals ripoff! Misrepresentation of product and company business. Wilmington NC

I had just arrived at Lowes parking lot and was approached by a professionally dressed man. He said he was there doing a surround sound installation at Hooters for the Superbowl and had come to Lowes to buy cable. He said the company had read his order incorrectly and had shipped 2 instead of 1 system. He said it was worth $1,400 but would sell it for "X".

Everything looked legitamate. He even got a phone call from his "partner" saying he was waiting on him at Hooters and could do anything until he came with the supplies. I purchased it. He gave me a receipt with his company name: Custom Audio Professionals, listing his address and telephone number.

Then I began to think. I went to Hooters and talked to the Manager. He had not purchased any equipment and was not having any installations done. I came home and did a search on the manufacturer's name "Audiofile" and felt sick to my stomach. It was just about the same setup as all the other reports.

I would like to get my money back but I know that will never happen. I am posting this in the hopes that it will help someone else not to be a victim.

Sam
Wilmington, North Carolina

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2004 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/audiofile-home-theater-speaker-stereo-custom-audio-professionals/newport-news-virginia-23606/audiofile-stereo-custom-audio-professionals-ripoff-misrepresentation-of-product-and-com-77042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content