Complaint Review: Audiofile Home Theater

• Reported By: Golden Colorado
  • Audiofile Home Theater
    P.o. 2656 City Of Industry, CA 91746
    , California

Audiofile Home Theater, The Speakers From The White Van Again, this time in Colorado California

Two guys in a white van approached us at a truck stop on Interstate 25 near Longmont, Co with the now infamous speil about having too many speakers for delivery and needing to be at the jobsite in twenty minutes. We were in a hurry, too, and I and a buddy each bought two speakers from them for a hundred bucks apiece. They also had the line about needing twenty bucks for beer. (at least we didn't fall in that trap)

As soon as I plugged the speakers into google to see what a great deal I had made, I contacted the Larimer County Sherriff's office with my story of woe and they would not even take a report, let alone try to prevent these scumbags from continuing to do business. I, needless to say, was not particularly surprised when I returned to the truck stop and found these gentlemen were no longer there.

This all happened in about an hours time on July 10th between 1:00 and 2:oo PM

George
Golden, Colorado

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2003 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/audiofile-home-theater/california/audiofile-home-theater-the-speakers-from-the-white-van-again-this-time-in-colorado-calif-63394. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content