Complaint Review: Aurora Farms

• Aurora Farms
    329 Ford Road
    Shelbyville, Kentucky
    USA

Aurora Farms Aurora Farms LLC aka Melody Adler Horse Farm Charges for Services not Provided Shelbyville Kentucky

I sent two thoroughbred mares (Forest Affair and Tool Time Girl) from Michigan to Kentucky for breeding purposes.

To be in the Kentucky breeding program, the mares needed to live in the state of Kentucky from the date of breeding until the date of foaling, so they were living on the farm of a good friend of mine, Patricia Skowron, in Custer, Kentucky.

Dr. James Beckman highly recommended that my mares reside at Aurora Farms with Melody Adler who specializes in breeding.

Patricia contacted me via phone and said that Melody had agreed to keep my mares for $20 per day each and would ship them over to Shadwell Stables for breeding for $50 each time necessary. For that fee, I agreed, and Patricia moved both of my mares to Aurora Farms.

I was under the impression that a contract was signed between Melody and Patricia; Patricia told Melody to send a contract to me. Hindsight is 20/20, however, a contract was never signed.

Melody's first billing statement was in the amount of $150, which was the correct amount, however, it indicated an incorrect number of days that my mare, was at Aurora Farms, and did not include the shipping to the breeding shed. Since it was the correct amount, I paid the $150.

Melody's second and final billing indicated $150 per shipping and indicated dates that my mares were shipped to Shadwell that they were no longer at Aurora Farms. The billing statement also indicated a fee of $25 per day per mare instead of $20 per mare per day which was in error. When I brought the billing error to Melody's attention, she disagreed with me, indicated that there was in fact NO contract and that I owed her the money in full.

In spite of the fact that I paid Melody Adler in full within 45 days, she took me to court in Shelbyville, Kentucky. The judge ruled in her favor since there was no contract, although I did NOT owe her for days that my mares were NOT shipped to the breeding shed per statements from Shadwell Stables.

Aurora Farms works in conjunction with Dr. James Beckman to bilk people out of their money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/29/2014 07:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/aurora-farms/shelbyville-kentucky-40065/aurora-farms-aurora-farms-llc-aka-melody-adler-horse-farm-charges-for-services-not-provid-1142583. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content