Report: #1202793

• Reported By: Jill — Saugerties New York
  • AuthorHouse

Internet
    USA

AuthorHouse AuthorSolutions, iUniverse In violation of RICO laws for racketeering in the USA Bloomington Indiana

This company presented as a wonderful asset for the first half of my experience: hard working minions in the Philipines, most likely being paid nothing and working 14 hours a day.  It then progressed to total rip off:

Pressure to sell me books while telling me I would get only "a few" hardcovers and soft covers.  Telling me I was getting a HUGE discount on additional books.  Then shipping me more books than I have space for (and they're still coming).

Misrepresentation, gross fraud: telling me I was "chosen" because my book was so unique, so wonderful, to be "reviewed" in the sixth (LAST SLOT AVAILABLE) review of books for Reader's Digest a "worldwide publication". I then discovered that Reader's Digest filed for bankruptcy in 2013 and stopped all publication except for North America; also, the only "review of books" is done by a freelancer and includes only books on the NY Times "best seller" list, or famous published authors.  This is called FRAUD and, in the United States of America, deliberately representing a service which is NOT actually available, and taking or soliciting money for that service, is called RACKETEERING and is punishable under the Federal RICO law.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2015 04:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/authorhouse/internet/authorhouse-authorsolutions-iuniverse-in-violation-of-rico-laws-for-racketeering-in-the-1202793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content