Complaint Review: Auto Advantage Of Virginia Aka Family Financial

• Reported By: Richmond Virginia
  • Auto Advantage Of Virginia Aka Family Financial
    4218 W Broad Street
    Richmond, Virginia

Auto Advantage Of Virginia Aka Family Financial fraudulent ripoff business Richmond Virginia

This company and more specifically the owner, Gary, is a ripoff company. I had bought 3 cars from them over a period of 4 years. I had never missed any payments. Then one day I got into an argument with the owner because he claimed I didn't have the vehicle properly insured. I brought them proof of my insurance and the owner Gary assaulted me, then about two days later he sent me a letter stating he could no longer finance the vehicle. I was to either return the vehicle to him or pay $3000. I chose to return the vehicle.

Then 3 months later they sued me for the balance owed. Every time the court date arrived they would show up and if they saw me there they would leave before the case was called. Each time the case would be dismissed. This went on for almost a year. They kept filing court cases until one time I could not attend and they went forward with the case and found for the company, and now I have a judgement on my credit report. Plus they also fraudently reported to the credit bureau that the vehicle was repossessed.

These crooks have ruined my credit rating and charge exhorbanant amount of interest on their vehicles. I would advise anyone who has less the perfect credit to avoid these swindlers. They prey on those that have less then perfect credit and are in a bind to get a vehicle.

William
Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2003 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/auto-advantage-of-virginia-aka-family-financial/richmond-virginia/auto-advantage-of-virginia-aka-family-financial-fraudulent-ripoff-business-richmond-virgin-46491. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content