Complaint Review: Auto Connections Of Pa

• Reported By: Reading Pennsylvania
  • Auto Connections Of Pa
    4421 Pottsville Pike
    Nationwide

Auto Connections Of Pa ripoff, false advertising, rushed us to get it transferred, sold us a lemon - transion is dying no power uphills and paid $2,400.00 cash and can't drive it Reading Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: auto connections deducted the $311.00

We purchased a 1990 Ford Broncho,type-suv at auto connections of pa for $2400.00 cash and still owe $311.00 on it yet and i can't drive it cause the transmission is dying and it won't even pull hills.My husband called the dealer back to let him know of the problem and he(the dealer) had me drive it back there(with my 2 children in this thing) while my husband was at work and waited outside for almost an hour after a time 1:15pm was set to meet dealer there and his mechanic.

They wouldn't tell me anything,only that the fuel pump test the mechanic performed showed it was normal.

But, that it had been filled 2 quarts too full of transmission fluid and the oil was overfilled a lot as well.Dealer then said to me at side of the broncho that he had taken it out on a 50 mile run the day before and ran okay then.Note:He may have ruined it himself driving it with overfilled fluids.

It was purchased (as is) but was under impression it ran great (as advertised) cause it had (runs great on papers on it's (windows)

Elizabeth
Reading, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2004 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/auto-connections-of-pa/nationwide/auto-connections-of-pa-ripoff-false-advertising-rushed-us-to-get-it-transferred-sold-us-78250. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

auto connections deducted the $311.00

AUTHOR: Elizabeth - (U.S.A.)

Well, auto connections of Pa, called us back and deducted the $311.00 we still owed them for the broncho cause of the transmission dying and over filled fluids.So somewhat they are trying to make good for what they sold us.It is a very clean vehicle and body is in great shape but has no power uphills.

So far, i had to walk my children to school in freezing cold cause afraid to drive it.And, is what we bought it for in the first place. And might let me sit somewhere, but, somedays it's just too cold(and have to drive it like that) to walk 16 blocks there and back till legs are numb with cold + we have to put it in a professional transmission place to get it fixed and hope that we can because don't think broncho's are made anymore according to the mechanics we have talked too.Not, to mention the cost to fix it, when it should have functioned properly when we bought it.Broncho's are known to roll, and to me,I'd rather have it running properly to assure my familys safety at all times.Wouldn't you?