Complaint Review: Autozone

Memphis, Tennessee
    United States of America

Autozone They sold me the wrong Spark Plugs Memphis, Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: It happens a lot

*General Comment: You took auto zones advice?!

I went to Autozone in Attleboro, MA. to purchase spark plugs for my Porsche race car.  I was told that i needed Bosch Spark Plugs. Autozone said that they didn't have them but that their computer system said the brand "Autolite" was perfectly compatable. The sales associate even showed me the computer screen.  Long story short- on the first lap of my race, the engine blew.

Now I need to replace the whole $40,000 engine.  I'm looking for anyone who has had the same problem with Autozone's famous computer system and if anyone has sued Autozone on a similar matter.  Thanks!

- Nick

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2012 08:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/autozone/memphis-tennessee-38103/autozone-they-sold-me-the-wrong-spark-plugs-memphis-tennessee-930310. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

It happens a lot

AUTHOR: Orlando - (United States of America)

yes, 8 out of ten times, you will find somebody at autozone that knows or at least have an idea of what he or she is doing,  have learned thru bad experiences to look for a specific guy at the autozone i go to, and to never ever go back to the one on elam street,( Balch Springs Tx. )

#2 General Comment

You took auto zones advice?!

AUTHOR: Bubba Lee - (Canada)

You own a Porche race car.

You took an Autozone counter guys advice for plugs.

You think you have a case for them causing and engine failure in a RACE car durring a RACE.

I just wet myself I was laughing at you so hard.

I don't change my plug brand for my Street Stock Scca auto crosser!

Good Greif thats funny.