Complaint Review:

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

I foolishly agreed to buy the Avangate "upgrade" on my Slim Drivers  program.   After much discussion and difficult to understand personnel, I finally agreed to let them do a diagnostic remotely and I bought the services for $199.99.  I told them I could not afford that.  They told me not to worry, I would not be charged until the 30 day grace period was over.

After being on the phone for the better part of an hour and half, my computer was "fixed".  I think it does perform better, but I have to wait and see.

I looked at my bank account on line that night after our conversations (numerous) and found they had charged my account the full amount.  When I called to complain that this was not the agreement, the best they could offer was reducing the price by $100.  A lot of the problems stemmed from the language barrier and poor customer interface - techs were arrogant when i asked questions so I should have known I guess.

I am stuck with this now and can only hope that my computer improves.  So far it seems to have, I don't know. Please beware when dealing with these people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2014 07:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/avangate/internet/avangate-slim-drivers-bait-and-swtich-internet-1175036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avangate