Complaint Review: AVANGATE*DIGITALECOTECHNI

Internet
    USA

AVANGATE*DIGITALECOTECHNI Avangate This company works a scam! India Internet

*Consumer Comment: Similar experience

My computer needed support, and I hit my Norton Symantec icon.  A response popped up and asked to call me.  I gave my tx and got a call within a minute thinking it was Norton.  Clearly this was outsourced to India, but that is not unusual.  I let them logmein to my computer, and immediately that said my SERVER was hacked.  For $349 they could protect me.  When my computer was fully ruined (I needed to download a new accounting software and couldn't do that), their incompetence ruined all.  They tried to blame QuickBooks for the poor quality download and tried to even sell me 2014 and as they are so generous the 2015 version!  Really? Clear red flag now went up and I declined.  With the charge going though Capital One, the info shows the company is called Avangate. I called Norton Symantec, and they have NO relationship to Avangate!  This is a scam company!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2014 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/avangatedigitalecotechni/internet/avangatedigitalecotechni-avangate-this-company-works-a-scam-india-internet-1137873. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Similar experience

AUTHOR: JHS - (Kalamazoo)

I had a similar experience. Last year I tried to get tech assistance from Intuit and somehow ended up with these guys in India. They told me that my data was corrupted but they would fix it for $399. Still believing thay were legitmate Intuit techs, I gave them my debit card and they did fix it. This year they phoned to say that it was time to renew.

I told them I didn't need to. Now they just hit my debit card again for $399. Although on Google you woud believe these guys are legtimate Intuit techs, they are not. A trick I have come to learn with these scams is to make sure the web adress is the same as the firm you wish to contact. These are sometimes way down the page while the Scams are listed first.