Complaint Review: Avangate/Superior Tecd

• Updated: Wed, May 27, 2015
  • Reported By: Ron Strother — Baton Rouge Louisiana USA
  • Avangate/Superior Tecd

USA

Avangate/Superior Tech Help This combination is a diaster! Didn't think I could be this stupid. $299.00 down and there will be more to save my computers. California/Indiad/? California

I also had a terible experience with Avangate through someone calling themselves Superior Tech Help.  I am left with a prompt on my laptop "Rusian hackers are attempting to withdraw $3600.00 from your bank account".  This from a file left on my computer in the start mode.  I gave them hell over the phone when they called to say they were not affliated with Avangate any longer and that Avangate had removed my Malware software.  They had dropped from an Aplus to an Aminus with the Better Business Bureau, the reason they had dropped them.

In a moment of "brain-deadness", I let these clowns into my laptop some weeks ago to install software and correct problem. I paid for the service and software, directly to  $299.for up to 4 computers.  When they called back, they were no longer affliated with Avangate and probably wanted to do me again.

Terrible experience with these guys.  I am taking complaint to my State Attorney General, and to the California Attorney General's office.  This effort will probably yield no results but at least will be on the record.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/27/2015 09:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/avangatesuperior-tecd/-/avangatesuperior-tech-help-this-combination-is-a-diaster-didnt-think-i-could-be-this-1231631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content