Complaint Review: AVAS Flowers

South Main Street
    New City, New York
    United States of America

AVAS Flowers AVAS FLOWERS - SCAMMERS New City, New York

On 12/20/12 I ordered the Thomas Kincaid Christmas centerpiece from Avas Flowers for delivery on Friday 12/21/12.  No delivery and no call to say it wasn't going to be delivered.  After several calls (with them hanging up on me) I was told it would be delivered first thing Saturday morning.  No delivery again.  After several more calls and being put on hold from 20-55 minutes, I was told it was out for delivery. It finally arrived around 3:00 p.m., but only the top portion was there - nothing like the picture.  I called to tell them it wasn't a complete centerpiece and they had the delivery drive come right back and pick it up.  After several more calls and hang ups and long hold times, I was told it would be delivered Monday, 12/24/12.  It never came.  This was for my mother in South Carolina who was going to have it on her table for a dinner party. After more calls, hang ups and long hold times, I asked to talk to a manager. The person on the phone came back after putting me on hold for 20 minutes and said the manager said to watch my email for the redelivery date and hung up on me again.

On December 29, 2012 I contacted the Better Business Bureau with my complaint.  As soon as AVAS got word of my complaint filed with the Better Business Bureau, they started emailing me to say they want to deliver the centerpiece again.  I told them its now 2013 and that centerpiece is no longer needed and I want a full refund.  (By the way, I paid an extra $8.00 for a full size greeting card to be enclosed, and that was never sent either!)  I was told NO REFUNDS.

Now I look on line and see there are a lot of angry people, like me, that have been scammed by Avas Flowers.  Why isn't anything being done to stop these people?  They got $100.90 from me and refuse to give it back. From the complaints I've read on line, people even ordered flowers for funerals that were never delivered.  I think the police need to get involved now!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/03/2013 12:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/avas-flowers/new-city-new-york-10956/avas-flowers-avas-flowers-scammers-new-city-new-york-990670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content