Complaint Review: Avenue Models

• Avenue Models
    2810 East Oakland Park Blvd Ste 308
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    United States of America

Avenue Models Avenue Talent & Model Agency OuT for YoUr MonEy! Fort Lauderdale, Florida

If asked to pay (for anything) walk away. GrEaT sales reps! Kim (very nice lady) sold me on the idea that she could have me working right away. I'd just need pictures which I was talked into getting. Thought, what the hell if nothing else I'd have great pictures of myself. I HaD to put down a deposit right then. I should've followed my gut, but I didn't. I tried to change my photo shoot day, but Kim is gooood. She sold me on all the possibilities out there waiting for me. By the way, the lobby is always full of new victims. Photo shoots are full and over booked - rushed in and out. Photographer & make-up artists are fantastic people too. Really. Photo session was cookie cutter, but she's just doing her job as required. I just wanted this to be a try and see thing, not a career so I was bothered when I was offered comp cards at a hiGh pRice. [continued below]....
..... I wasn't offered the CD with all of the pictures- just the ones for a comp card. I almOst fell for it! My friend who has actually done a nice bit of modeling herself advised me to request comp cards to be cancelled and purchase the CD only. I did for $99! The CD has all of the photos so my friend ordered comp cards through her known printer and they turned out gReat for much less than $100 and I got about 100. Kim tried to talk me out of doing this, but I wasn't serious enough about it to waste any more cash with Avemodel. My comp cards are nice and I now have to make an effort to get an agency that will work in mY beSt interest.  -No, I never submitted comp cards to Avenue. I knew they'd be trashed or I'd be called as an extra (that's what she was pushing mostly) and I at least want to make back the $371 paid for the photo session. If asked, the employees will tell you their true opinions about the company & refer you to other agencies.
P.S. You'll hear about all the work Kim & GG (her daughter) have gotten.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 09:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/avenue-models/fort-lauderdale-florida-33306/avenue-models-avenue-talent-model-agency-out-for-your-money-fort-lauderdale-florida-1014596. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content