Complaint Review: A.V.G.

• Reported By: Staunton Virginia
  • A.V.G.
    www.avg.com
    Orlando, Florida

AFTER READING THE OTHER COMPLAINTS THAT A.V.G. IS A RIPPOFF. I PAYED 69.98 FOR 2YRS OF ANTIVIRUS PROTECTION AND NEVER RECIEVED IT. i CHECKED MY BANK ACOUNT A WEEK LATER AND FOUND OUT THAT A.V.G. RECIEVED THE MONEY EVEN THOUGH I NEVER GOT MY VIRUS PROTECTON FROM THEM ON THE DATES THAT THEY SAID I WOULD. I TRIED EMAILING THEM NUMBERS OF TIME AND ALL I WOULD GET BACK WAS THAT THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND MY EMAIL MESSAGE.

I TRIED TO FIND THE PHONE NUMBER TO A.V.G BY ASKING STORES THAT CARRIED THEIR PRODUCTR AND THE STORES NEVER HAD A NUMBER. I LOOKED ON THE INTER NET AND ALL THERE WAS IS AN U.S ADDRESS AND A ENGLAND PHONE NUMBER THAT WASN'T EVEN TOLL FREE. I ALSO TRIED TO GET TEC SUPORT AND IT WAS A BIG LIE. EVERY TIME I PUT THE CODE NUMBERS THAT I RESIEVED WITH THE ORDER PAGE I PRINTED AND EVERY TIME IT SAID IT WAS INVAILED.

I LEFT A COUPLE OFF NOT SO NICE MESSAGES AND RECIEVED THE FAMOUSE WE'RE SORRY WE DON'T UNDERSTAND. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO GET MY MONEY BACK AND I HAVE NEVER RECIEVED ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY I'M A MOTHER OF 2 AND HAVE BEEN OUT OF WORK FROM A INJRY TO ME 69.98 IS GAS MONEY THAT I REALLY DON'T HAVE AND NOWING THAT SOME BIG FAT A.V.G. BOARD MEMBERS ARE GETTING FATTER FORM A SCAM!!!

ERIN
Staunton, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2008 09:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/avg/orlando-florida/avg-bought-2yr-service-and-never-recieved-service-and-they-took-the-money-out-of-my-acc-345694. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Free AVG

AUTHOR: Alan - (U.S.A.)

AVG has free antivirus that anyone can download for home use on there web site.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Erin, you might have been "spoofed". It might not have been AVG that got your money. And..

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Erin,

First of all, I have dealt with AVG on several occasions. And, this is why your story does not fly with me. As soon as you confirm your order online, you get an immediate confirmation of your order by email. Did you get such an email? If not, did you check your bulk email/spam email folder?

You never stated how you initially made contact with AVG. This information is very important for us to have. Did you seek them out, or did you respond to a spam email or pop-up? I think you were spoofed, and actually never dealt with AVG.

I have several problems with your post, the first being your use of all caps. In case you didn't know, that is considered "shouting" and is rude, not to mention hard to read. And, you should work on your spelling and grammar for purposes of credibility. For example, the word is "paid", not "payed". Go back to school and get an education.

I would think that you surely used a Visa or mastercard logo debit or credit card. If this is the case, you can just file a dispute on the charge, and you have lost nothing. I would hope that you did not give anyone your checking account info for an online purchase! That would be downright stupid!

You should go to your bank immediately and report the fraudulent transaction, and close that account as you could get cleaned out later. You can also find out at this time who the actual recipient of your money was.

And the fact that you are a mother of 2 is totally irrelevent here. Please just stick to the facts.

The company behid the AVG product is Grisoft. You can go to Grisoft.com. There is no such website as avg.com.

You can contact AVG directly by following this link:
It will open a web form.

AVG contacts:

AVG Technologies USA, Inc.
1901 Summit Tower Blvd., Suite 350

Newark, Notts, NG24 1UA
United Kingdom
Fax 0163 670 7738

A question for you...

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

I use AVG software but I use the free version. Since all products are available on their website for download why don't you get the software that way? You don't need a CD. And if it's for your business you can download it for the number of computers you but a license for. Having used their product for over three years for free your report seems a bit unbelievable to me.