Complaint Review: Avis Budget Rental Car

• Reported By: Nish — North hollywood California United States of America
  • Avis Budget Rental Car

Internet
    United States of America

Avis rental is a crappy company and so is Budget. Don't believe me, try them and cry your a*s off when they rip you off and you end up here. I'm upset because they charged my card a year later without sending me a notice, a bill nothing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2010 10:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/avis-budget-rental-car/internet/avis-budget-rental-car-charged-my-account-a-year-after-i-rented-with-them-internet-566503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Response for someone who had a comment

AUTHOR: Nish - (United States of America)

They gave me the run-around which I don't have time for, so I just paid, punched a hole in the wall and now am trying to help others not go through the same thing

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Delayed Charges to Credit/Debit Cards

AUTHOR: Dan B - (United States of America)

I have to ask if this was a double charge that you've already paid or is this the initial charge for the rental that occurred a year ago?

If it is a double charge, they owe you a refund.

Many people don't realize that your account can be charged days or several months AFTER you made the transaction.  There's no time limit.  It is viewed as a debt owed.  Unfortunately, these delayed charges can cause an overdraft or over limit fee if you don't account for it.

I have several charges against my account from over a year ago that are still outstanding.  I think there should be a statute of limitations for these types of charges.  If their accounting procedure is in such poor shape, they deserve to lose the money.  It's a cost of doing poor business.

Okay?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

So what did they say when you asked them about it?