Complaint Review:

REBUTTAL BOX™ | Respond to this Report! | Consumer Comment

Corporate Advocacy Program

Set the record straight:
Arbitration Program

When getting a rental car in Kauai, I was asked if I wanted insurance, I stated that I didn't. On the rental agreement, it shows the insurance options as being declined. What I didn't see was that above the declined options was a statement that I was getting insurance for $11.99 per day. No total was listed and the agent circle the item. I didn't catch this until I turned the car in at the end of the trip. AVIS would not credit back the $119 I was charged because I signed the contract.

Beware that the AVIS agent is trying to charge for insurance even when you
tell the agent that you didn't need any. Please scrutized your contract before you sign. I believe that I was ripoff because I told the agent that I didn't need any insurance and they put it in the contract anyway.

Sue m
sacramento, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2009 09:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/avis-car-rental/nationwide/avis-car-rental-avis-rental-insurance-i-didnt-want-lihue-nationwide-474526. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Avis Car Rental