Complaint Review: Avis car rental

• Avis car rental
    10482 Natural Bridge Road
    St. Louis, Missouri
    United States of America

Avis car rental Offered upgrade without proper disclosure during contract signing. St. Louis, Missouri

*Consumer Suggestion: Read First

While I was picking up my car at Avis middle night Jan. 7, 2013, the agent distracted me with those extra coverages and gas policies. While I was busy declining those terms, I accidentally signed a contract with an upgrade from economy to full size since the agent didn't mention anything about the upgrade. It was tricky because the upgraded amount happened to be a littler more than the amount I paid on priceline.com. I thought the extra could be the airport fee and taxes. When I returned the car, I got charged with the full amount.  The manager said I had to pay because I had signed it. She said that there was no way to prove what happened during the pickup. It was a HIDDEN upgrade since it was not properly disclosed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2013 09:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/avis-car-rental/st-louis-missouri-63134/avis-car-rental-offered-upgrade-without-proper-disclosure-during-contract-signing-st-lo-1004248. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Read First

AUTHOR: ugettingupset - ()

This is a classic case of a customer not reading their contract. You should read your contract before signing, it is not the companies fault you failed to read. Same thing with a loan, morgage, and so forth.