Complaint Review: Avon - Allied Data Corp.

• Submitted: Tue, September 22, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, October 08, 2009
  • Reported By: katie — saint james Minnesota USA
  • Avon - Allied Data Corp.
    www.avon.com
    Internet
    United States of America

Avon - Allied Data Corp. avon?? allied data saying i owe over 4,000 to avon Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: File Complaints, it really does work!

d**n allied data which is avon s collection agency i guess is saying i owe over 4,000 wtf man i sent that sh*t back and im not paying for sh*t thats prob in there warehouse! fk *thast i was in a car wreck about 3mnths ago and my car burnted to a crisp! and my wallet was in it so now i have no proof i sent it back but i am not going to f*king poay that sh*t! they6 keep harrassing me! what can i do?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2009 09:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/avon-allied-data-corp/internet/avon-allied-data-corp-avon-allied-data-saying-i-owe-over-4000-to-avon-internet-498935. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

#1 Consumer Suggestion

File Complaints, it really does work!

AUTHOR: Dana - (U.S.A.)

I also used to sell Avon-I did it for fun, but I found out I was highly allergic to their products, I couldn't test or use them so my final shipment I got I ended up sending right back, I refused the package, this was about 6 months ago, I have never recieved any contact from Avon, no phone calls, no letters, no bills nothing then suddenly a texas number starts showing up on my cell phone caller ID, I had not idea who it was I didn't answer, they never left a message so I assumed it was a telemarkter, I finally did a number search online and found these complaints and others, so I decided to answer a call, well the lady on the other end named "Jane" made threats, she said I would go to jail my children would be homeless, that they were goingt to put a lien on my house and take my car, I had to giggle at that, I rent an apartment and my car is a leased vehicle, I let her do her little speil then I read off the FTC regulations for debt collections practices verbatum to her, then I told her I owed Avon nothing I refused the package and that if her company contact me again I will file a lawsuit.  She then said "so your refusing to pay this? ok expect the cops at your door in a hour" I just ok, I'll be waiting. and she hung up on me.  I called the main office got hung up on over and over asked for a supervisor got hung up on, asked for the legal department got a "voicebox is full" message this company is full of.....well the brown stuff, they use illegal debt collection practices and harrassment which is illegal.

Contact the FTC, file a complaint then file a complaint with YOUR local General Attorney and the Texas State General Attorney's office NAAG.org willg get you there.  After you file the complaint look up a consumer lawyer, if they continue to call you harrass or threaten you call a lawyer, most consumer lawyers won't charge you, they sue the company for fees and you get 1000 bucks.  Just make sure you have proof of the calls( if you have to record them)

Consumer laws state that a collection agency cannot legally make threats agains you, lie about being an attorney, lie about suing you, send you documents and say they are legal send you documents and not advise you they are legal call before 8am or after 9pm or contact you on Saturday or Sunday, they cannot call you at work, or harrass you.  They cannot contact you via postcard, and if you have asked them to not call you or you have sent them a letter to cease contact then they cannot contact you again.  You CANNOT go to jail for having a debt, all you can do is have bad credit or a ding on your credit report, if you fail to pay it gets written off by the company.  Some companies can you sue you but they will settle for a lesser payment, or they will settle with a write off of the debt, it cost money to sue so they usually do not do this.  If you have any questions look at the FTC's website.

Good Luck!