Complaint Review: Balboa Parasailing

• Balboa Parasailing
    600 East Bay Rd
    Newport Beach, California
    USA

Balboa Parasailing Shell shocked; Complete rudeness & total lack of empathy when I addressed an issue with their product Newport Beach California

3/15/15. Went Parasailing in Balboa on my birthday. The weeks leading up to the event, I repeatedly told my 17 yr old that all I wanted from him was some nice pictures of us. No hiding his face or rude gestures, etc. I was ecstatic that the company offered a photo package deal, they would take pictures of us thru out the sail. I paid $160 for the actual event and $30 for a photo package of at least 40 pictures. Because 40 was more then plenty, I did not take any pictures myself. I even tipped the crew.

Before leaving, I was handed a memory card that was supposed to hold our photos.  The photo card ended up being blank.

3/17/15 Today, I stepped away from my desk, to call Balboa Parasailing. The gentleman that answered provided me with a brief formatting issue. No apology, no empathy.  As I explained being less concerned with a refund then I was with really wanting the photos, the call dropped, or so I thought. [continued below]....
.....

I called back, a person picked up and hung up again. Thinking the receiver was maybe having phone issues, I waited a couple of minutes, called back. The same gentleman that I was previously speaking to, answers and flat out said he hung up on me. He said there was a lot of background noise and  it sounded like there was a lot going on. He then said  maybe I need to worry about my kids instead of bothering him. I told him I was at work. He replied with "what makes you think your time is more valuable? I said "So you just hung up? No warning, no regards?Awesome customer service" & his response, "you know what's awesome...." I hung before he was able to finish his sentence.

Because I did get to do the sailing & I did provide my visa as a form of payment, disputing the charges isn't an option.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2015 09:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/balboa-parasailing/newport-beach-california/balboa-parasailing-shell-shocked-complete-rudeness-total-lack-of-empathy-when-i-add-1216488. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content