Complaint Review: Balsam Hill

• Updated: Sun, November 26, 2017
  • Reported By: Monica — East Stroudsburg other United States
  • Balsam Hill

United States

Balsam Hill Did not make good on replacement of tree that didn’t work  Nationwide

*Author of original report: Company Outreach

I purchased a tree on a Columbus Day sale for 399.99 and the tree arrived in a timely manner.  When I put the tree together November 24 th, a section of the tree didn’t light.  I called immediately and was asked to send pictures of tree, and I shared with them that some wires were hanging from the lights.  They asked me to take pics of this so I did.  I was contacted and told notmto light tree bupecause it wasn’t grounded properly and can cause a fire.  They said a replacement section would be processed.  I was notified that the section would not be available until the following  October, that they would be made in July.  I called in July and they said to call back in October.  In the meantime they sent me two strings of lights to put on section.

I did not receive replacement section by October so ai called and was told it was being processed “in the back- end” and I should have it by Mid- Oct. [continued below]....

.....  Nothing! I called back and they moved date to end of October.  called again, moved to November, called again, moved to mid Novemebr,  Called again and was told ” I assure you i just sent order to back and  I should hear back in 48 hours.” Nothing....called and spoke to manager ( after waiting on hold for 46 minutes and 22 seconds.  Finally got manager and was disconnected.  Called back and was given a new manager whom I needed to go through entire story with for the umpteenth time.  She said they don’t make tree anymore ( so basically all reps previously lied).  She finally said that they would give me instore credit for tree and to call back when I decide on a tree thatbI want.  Oh, and that if I pick a new tree there will be no warranty becuase the warranty on other tree expired.  I picked a tree and was told the manager would process the tree and send me an email....I have heard nothing!  So now, I will wait, again.  I won’t bither calling becuas they all lie.  Oh and I have all emails and a phone log of how often I have called, the dates and length of call.  I also emailed the CEO, Thomas Harman, and have had no response from him either.

So the short of this long epistle is,,,this company has not an ounce of integrity.  I am so disappointed!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2017 07:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/balsam-hill/-/balsam-hill-did-not-make-good-on-replacement-of-tree-that-didnt-worknbsp-nationwide-1413575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Company Outreach

AUTHOR: Monica - (United States)

Just a follow-up....A represnetative from the company did email me, reaching-out, in the name of Mr. Harman, the CEO.  A replacement tree is supposedly being processed, although no tracking is able to be provided at this time.  An apology has also been made for the way things were handled throughout this situation.  I appreciate this contact from Balsam Hill and hope that in sharing my expereince, future customers will be treated with respect.