Complaint Review: Bank Of America

• Phone: 800-432-1000
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Bank Of America fraudulent NSF charges Ripoff Internet

I was a loyal Bank of America customer. I had been with them for more than 7 years. I made a deposit and was given a deposit slip and was sent on my way.

I look at my bank account everyday on line. I checked it the next day to make sure that the deposit was credited to my account (which I always do) and noticed about mid-week that checks and debits that I had made were being returned but the money was still in my account. On top of that I was getting NSF charges.

I quickly called BOA and was told that the deposit I made was put on hold. I have NEVER in the 7 years that I had been with them, EVER had a check held. I was told that it was being held for 3 days. Aren't the tellers required to tell you if they are going to place a check on hold?

The result of that was TEN NSF charges totaling $340.00. I called BOA and was told they would not reverse them. I asked why the check was held? It was from a hospital and down by the signature line it read " for verification call 1-800-000-0000."
There was absolutely no reason for them to hold the check.

I quickly left BOA. Since I have left I have been told by friends and acquaintences that similar things have happened to them by BOA. Someone needs to stop this practice of stealing money from their clients. I wish I could find others that have been screwed over by BOA and band together and sue them! Thank you.

Robin
Disputanta, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/08/2007 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bank-of-america/internet/bank-of-america-fraudulent-nsf-charges-ripoff-internet-238584. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content