Complaint Review: Bank of Hawaii

• Bank of Hawaii
    PO Box 40606
    Nashville, Tennessee
    United States of America

Bank of Hawaii Bank of Hawaii in affiliation w/ Affinion/AD&D Bank of Hawaii: Aware of AD&D debiting my checking account? Nashville, Tennessee

*Author of original report: Bank of Hawaii-AD&D Fraud? No Worries

My Bank of Hawaii checking acct. has been debited over $200 by AD&D Insurance Co. without my known authorization. I just noticed several $33 unexplained debits that I had previously overlooked.

When I contacted AD&D to investigate I was told that I SIGNED UP for a free $1000 life policy and agreed to purchase $100K in coverage by way of an offer sent to me by Bank of Hawaii.

I don't recall ever agreeing to any insurance, nor to authorizing automatic debits. I also never received any documentation of coverage. In essence, my family would not have known of this life policy if I died, just as I wasn't aware of it.

AD&D has agreed to cease the debits, cancel the policy and send me a form to request full reimbursement of deducted payments. Bank of Hawaii has instructed me to file a claim to investigate this caper but initially informed me that a $25 stop-payment fee would be charged to my account.

Bank of Hawaii has provided extremely excellent service to us for over four years with a staff that's always been kind, courteous & professional. (Ex: Grace P., Kihei Road Branch! The Best!) I hope and expect Bank of Hawaii to resolve this matter quickly, take steps to prevent it in the future and restore my confidence in an otherwise top-grade banking institution.

I'll continue to blog this matter, whatever the outcome, as this web site already has much re AD&D.  Mahalo!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2011 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bank-of-hawaii/nashville-tennessee-37204-0606/bank-of-hawaii-bank-of-hawaii-in-affiliation-w-affinionadd-bank-of-hawaii-aware-of-ad-761469. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

1Author
0Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Bank of Hawaii-AD&D Fraud? No Worries

AUTHOR: Jim - (United States of America)

My update as I promised I would submit tells a happy ending.

Bank of Hawaii listened to my complaint re NOT agreein to terms of AD&D insurance which would result in ACH debits from my checking acct.

I received a phone call promptly following my post from a Bank of Hawaii Customer Service Rep. In the true tradition of Bank of Hawaii, she along with my agent "Russell" were patient, attentive and informative.

The issue has been resolved and my faith in Bank of Hawaii customer relations has been reaffirmed.

Thank you for reading.