Complaint Review: Barclay Bank (U.S. Airways)

• Submitted: Tue, April 15, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, April 15, 2008
  • Reported By: Tipton Missouri
  • Barclay Bank (U.S. Airways)
    P.O. Box 8802
    Wilmington, Delaware
  • Phone: 302-622-8990
  • Web:
  • Category: Airlines

Barclay Bank (U.S. Airways) Playing havoc with my credit report Wilmington Delaware

I decided to check my free credit report today, and to my surprise, found that it had dropped from over 700 to 640. When I inquired as to why, I was told that I had a past-due balance owed to Barclay Bank of $272.00. I spent 2-3 hours trying to find a number for Barclay Bank and finally did, but could not talk to anyone since all the automated messages insisted I first provide them with an account number, which of course, I do not have.

I finally found a phone number for Identity Fraud, called it, and talked with a real person. He asked me if I had been in an airport in August of 2007, and I said that I had. He asked me if I had signed up at a U.S. Airways booth at that time for a free credit card. I told him I had signed up for free air miles at a booth and received a U.S. Airways teddy bear at that time for my trouble.

I explained that I had never received a bill for anything or a U.S. Airways credit card. He said, fine, they would remove the information from my credit report, but that it might take about 3 months. I started thinking that 3 months was unacceptable, so i tried to contact them to get a confirmation code or something that I could take to the credit bureau myself. I am unable to get through on any of their lines now and many have been disconnected.

Help!

Etyler
Tipton, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2008 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/barclay-bank-us-airways/wilmington-delaware-19899-8802/barclay-bank-us-airways-playing-havoc-with-my-credit-report-wilmington-delaware-326252. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content