Complaint Review: Bartimaeus psychic

• Reported By: MysteryGarden — Alabama
  • Bartimaeus psychic

Nationwide
    USA

Bartimaes the psychic conned me out of thousands of dollars. I am a single mother, and I stumbled upon Oranum.com through an advertisment. I clicked and saw a lot of friendly psychics, and decided to take Bart in for a private reading. He was very kind, and said he felt a special connection to me. The next day I had another reading with him and he gave me his phone number. I thought that was odd, and he mentioned not to tell anyone. My  lips were sealed.  So instead of private readings, we texted a lot.
He was charming, and not too long later I decided to fly to his crappy neighborhood, and horrible apartment, where he lives with his girlfriend, although he acts like he's single. We went out for drinks, and it was there he broke down crying asking for money to pay for medical bills for his sister (who I never met.)
I was leaving the next morning, but while I had a few drinks in me, I decided to give him the money ($3,000) as he promised he would pay it back. As soon as I was at the airport, I stopped hearing from Bart. When I did get a hold of him on oranum, he kicked me out of the room. Then I tried calling him, dozens of times, and he told me HE DID NOT REMEMBER ME LOANING HIM MONEY! It als turns out he does not have a sister.
What a liar, con artist! Woman of the psychic community, there are great psychics out there, but STAY AWAY FROM BART. He should be arrested, but since I never signed a contract, technically I can't get my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2014 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bartimaeus-psychic/nationwide/bartimaeus-psychic-con-artist-seducer-of-lonely-woman-nationwide-1175515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
1Employee/Owner

Sue him

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

Please sue this man. I would like to see such individuals brought to justice.  He has no remorse or regret, and will do this the rest of his life. He is a liar, fraud, and will continue to live this life style. Do not trust such people, when they start talking to you outside of their work, cut them off. Don't engage. Not all psychics are bad, he is a rotten apple.

#2 General Comment

Takes one to know one

AUTHOR: ohreally - ()

its funny cause I use to see you.  I did the research and found you on oranum. the one reporting it happens to work for oranum. So "M" you say others are stealing your funds but no one made you press that button. Yet you in turn do the same thing to others. You work as a "psychic" yourself. Youre an educated person, so I do not understand why you must force yourself to commit harm to others. I hoped you had at least heard the term, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me... but you constantly go into others room to berate them or force your opininons on them that you in turn cant except them. As for the single mother part, that was your choice. You are a doctor, you make thousands yet insist on working on oranum taking others money. So this rant as being frauded and you being a helpless single mother is falsified. I hope you actually take time to focus on your life instead of the life of others. Your former patient.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Proof

AUTHOR: Bartimaeus - ()

I'd be happy agree to this provided you could provide me with a picture of plane tickets or even confirmation for them, bank statements, photographs, or the fact of disproving I not only have one but four sisters.  Really anything that shows that you had indeed done any of this.  Thanks.

Please

AUTHOR: ramjet - ()

This is just another sorry example of a typical psychic fraud.

PLEASE understand that there are NO real psychics, none. They are ALL scam artists and are the lowest of the low.