Complaint Review: BBG Communications, Inc

• Reported By: Durham North Carolina
  • BBG Communications, Inc
    1658 Gailes Blvd., Suite B
    San Diego, California

BBG CommunicationsBBG Communications, Inc Charge ridiculous money for a local phone call - AUD $2.67 / per minute. San Diego California

I made a phone call to Durham at Los Angles airport on Aug 21st 2008 when I do transfer to Durham. I used my credit card to pay the cost of phone call on a pay phone located near McDonald, close to Boarding Gate 54.

I dialed the number first, and I was told that this call will cost USD$1 / per 4 minutes (machine synthesized language). Then I heard some dialing sound that seems connecting the call. However, instead of connecting to destination, I was connected to a customer service line. A man asked me whether I need call to certain number, I answered yes. Then the call was connected.

Today I found that my credit card was charged for $34.03 through a company called "BBG Communications London GB". I searched Google and found many people are complaining about ripping off by this company. So I made a phone call to 1-800-576-2118 (found here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/295/RipOff0295603.htm). A customer representative said they do billing for BBG Communications. They asked my credit card, and said they can refund AUD$ 13.61 to my card. I asked them to refund this amount to my card. But I am still feel they charged too much and didn't disclose enough information when I initial used their service.

Following are some information I got over the conversation:
Duration: 9:00 minutes (I DEFINATLY NOT MAKE PHONE CALL THAT LONG, ONLY 4-5 MINUTES)
Pay phone Area code: 310

AUD$34.03 Connection Fee and Permanent Rate
Connection Fee: AUD$10 (NEVER DISCOULSE THIS INFORMATION BEFORE HAND. After I dial a number, it remind me cost USD$1 for 4 minutes)
Permanent Rate: AUD$2.67 / per minute (NEVER DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION).
They agreed to credit back: AUD$13.61 within 30-60 days.

Please file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission: https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01

To all victims of BBG Communications, 800-5762118: File your complaints! Eventually the FTC or a Class Action will put them out of business.

Chen
Durham, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2008 05:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bbg-communications-inc/san-diego-california-92154/bbg-communicationsbbg-communications-inc-charge-ridiculous-money-for-a-local-phone-call-368006. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content