Report: #207832

• Submitted: Fri, August 25, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, August 25, 2006
  • Reported By: largo Maryland
  • BBG Communications, Int'l Satellite Communications
    511 East San Isidro Blvd.
    San Isidro, California
  • Phone: 800-576-5402
  • Web:
  • Category: Hotel

BBG Communications, Int'l Satellite Communications SCAM ARTISTS RIP OFF TOURISTS FOR OVERSEAS CALLS!!! $50+ FOR 5 MIN.! Ripoff San Isidro California

*Consumer Comment: I had a similar problem

I recently returned from Barbados to find that I had been seriously ripped off by a loser company doing business as BBG COMMUNICATIONS!! These scam artists charged me a minimum of $41.91 per call to the U.S. under 5 minutes... when I checked my statement to find that 5 calls under 5 minutes cost me more than $200, I was livid!!!:( This company sucks. I called the customer service number and was lied to about the company's name... some other loser told me that they are called International Satellite Communications... WTF??? I am so disgusted, as the hotel that I was in, The Amaryllis Beach Resort, had cards on the nightstand prompting you to call an access number to be connected to what they call an "International Operator"..

The charges said nothing about the $14.95 "connection fee" per call and the $4.99-5.99 per minute charges... Oh, and let's not forget the fact that whether your call is 30 seconds or 3 minutes, YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR A MINIMUM OF FIVE MINUTES!!! I am completely disgusted and appalled and will do my best to block these charges and to put these losers out of business!!! Always ask what the charges are before completing an international call, I will never rely on the honesty of businesses and/or individuals.

Kia
largo, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2006 08:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bbg-communications-intl-satellite-communications/san-isidro-california/bbg-communications-intl-satellite-communications-scam-artists-rip-off-tourists-for-overs-207832. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
3Consumer
0Employee/Owner

AUTHOR: Denise - (U.S.A.)

A couple months back we had received a COLLECT CALL from my husbands Uncle. He was calling us from Arizona and we live in New Mexico. NOT VERY FAR! Talked less than 5 MINUTES...This long distance Company charged our phone bill 25.00!!!!! ALL I did was talk to MY PHONE COMPANY and they TOTALLY took ALL the charges off our bill.. They even said how CRAZY this conmpany was RIPPING PEOPLE OFF. People MUST fight these ignorgant companys....... Can be done if your persistant..