Report: #219021

• Reported By: Scottsdale Arizona
  • BBG Communications
    1658 Gailes Blvd. Ste B
    San Diego, California

BBG Communications Monopoly Provider of International Phone Calls Over Charges San Diego California

I attempted to call home using the only long distance service available in my hotel room where I was staying in Belize. There were no rates posted. After a very difficult time trying to punch in the required numbers I never got through. Apparently voice mail on the other end was triggered and because of this I was charged $34 for each of the 3 times I attempted to call.

When I called to discuss the situation BBG explained that regardless of whether I get the expected service the attempted connection charge was $15 + $20 minimum for every call.

When I was at the hotel the phone operator couldn't tell me the rates before I made the calls. The staff at the hotel didn't know either.

Marla
Scottsdale, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2006 06:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bbg-communications/san-diego-california-92154/bbg-communications-monopoly-provider-of-international-phone-calls-over-charges-san-diego-c-219021. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content