Complaint Review: BB&T

• Web:
  • Category: Banks

BB&T They continue to fee us to death Dublin Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: Reason why they asked you to come back

Have mercy. They have struck us again. We have had numerous fees charged to our account over the years. Usually I didn't pay attention to them because I figured they were legit. Until they charged us over $300 in overdraft fees. I went to the bank and they reversed all the charges.

I finally decided to close the account. Of course, it was overdrawn when I went in to close it. I made a cash deposit and requested to have my account closed. I was told to come back the next day. Okay, I figure what the heck. So I went back the next day and made the same request. I was told that it would be closed that evening. What? I should have protested, but I didn't. Now it's 2 weeks later the account is still not closed and now it's -$133.00. Why? Because the life insurance that they provide that I closed back in the fall of last year is still coming out of my account 6 months later. So charged us a $35 NSF fee, a week later another $30 fee, then they processed the life insurance payment for $33 and charged me another $35 overdraft fee. When does it end?

I am sending them a letter and requesting that everything be reversed and my account closed. We'll see.

Jenny
Dublin, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/13/2008 08:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bbt/dublin-virginia/bbt-they-continue-to-fee-us-to-death-dublin-virginia-325712. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
1Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Reason why they asked you to come back

AUTHOR: Wisebankmonk - (U.S.A.)

Look the reason why they asked you to come back the next day was because you had pending transaction on your account. they wanted all of that to clear before they go ahead and close out the account just in case if they close it then and something else post in your account you would have to pay more fees. I dont know what happen about the other charges, they should of close those out 6 months ago.