Complaint Review: BBVA COMPASS BANK

• BBVA COMPASS BANK
    1189 Westheimer Rd
    houston, Texas
    United States of America

BBVA COMPASS BANK COMPASS BANK BBVA COMPASS BANK IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED. a bunch of crooks at minimum houston, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Interesting

*Consumer Comment: Expensive lesson but not a rip off

I was convinced to signup with BBVA Compass and decided to give them a try. 3 months into the banking relationship everything seeemed to be going so well by that time I had 3 open accounts with Compass Bank. I had no idea the company who I was banking with with are nothing more than cold blooded crooks! 1 of my 2 cards had been cancelled due to a dispute but I had my business credit card so proceeded to use it ((knowing in the back of my mind I had funds in atleast ONE of the BBVA compass accounts so my purchase would be covered)) Once I got home I discovered I had in fact used the card that was low on funds and it had a negative balance attempting to process from that transaction. I immediately Logged in and did a transfer from 1 account to clear the balance on the other. WHY DID COMPASS NOT RELEASE MY OWN MONEY TO THE OTHER ACCOUNT UNTIL 3 BUSINESS DAYS LATER? WHY !!! ITS MY MONEY!! Well thanks to their gracious actions I incurred $500.00 in NSF fees. I am a decent banking customer and cannot believe I have been FORCED into paying this bank money.

The fact remaind is my money was in the bank - the accounts were supposed to be linked and they were not! the transfer of cleared funds werent released for days forcing me into a very tight situation. I am 24 years old trying to survive in life and I get abused by a bank I trusted. TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE!!! I decide to go inside the branch and recieved nothing but smirks and laughter by BRANDON HUSKY and JAIME CASTANEDA. These are the most unprofessional, rude and unattentive people Ive ever come across. Let's all understand that Brandon Husky is the Branch manager at the royal oaks location --- shows how much he cared what I was discussing with him- HE NEVER ASKED FOR MY ACCOUNT NUMBER SO THAT HE COULD TAKE A LOOK. How rude! Do not think about dealing with this location OR BBVA COMPASS at all. I will be writing and informing everyone of this horrific and costly experience. MORAL OF THE STORY IS DO NOT BANK WITH BBVA COMPASS BANK. EVER!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2011 08:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bbva-compass-bank/houston-texas-77042/bbva-compass-bank-compass-bank-bbva-compass-bank-is-not-to-be-trusted-a-bunch-of-crooks-a-795351. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content

0Author
2Consumer
0Employee/Owner

Interesting

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

I had 3 OPEN accounts and 2 cards. "knowing I had funds in AT LEAST ONE of the BBVA compass accounts". "1 of my 2 cards had been cancelled".  Let's look at the numbers. Based on your figures, 66% of your accounts were NO GOOD, with NO funds in them AND 50% of your cards were NO GOOD, "1 being cancelled due to dispute",  then you run up $500 in NSF fees. That's a mighty fine track record. Yep, a "mighty fine", "decent" banking customer. I'd hate to see your opinion of a "bad" banking customer. I smell float. By the way,what method did they use to convince you to sign up?

Expensive lesson but not a rip off

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"MORAL OF THE STORY IS DO NOT BANK WITH BBVA COMPASS BANK."

The moral of the story is: Don't draw against unavailable funds.

"the accounts were supposed to be linked"

Linked accounts and overdraft protection aren't the same service.