Report: #420483

• Bellsouth/AT&T
    www.bellsouth.com
    Atlanta, Georgia

Bellsouth - AT&T Bundling is a Bait and Switch Scheme Atlanta Georgia

My services are "bundled" and have been for well over a year. $99/month. When I got a bill for $117.90 in August, I called Bellsouth and was told it was an error and would reflect as a credit on my next bill.

The representative asked me if I wanted to bundle my services, I said they are bundled. She said I could add Dish Network to my bundle for the same price. I said if it doesn't cost any more than what I'm already paying, $99/month then Yes, I would." I told her it would be set up on automatic bill pay through my bank because I travel internationally and I'm not home to receive my paper bills. The representative assured me that my bill would remain the same.

Two months ago I signed up for paperless billing through my bank and when my first electronic bill from Bellsouth arrived in my bill pay, it was in the amount of $291.17.

Bellsouth is charging me different amounts each month for long distance and residential, then crediting back a few dollars, then charging me between $58 and $36 dollars for the Dish Network service that I was assured was part of my "bundled" services. In addition, they have also been adding interest to what they say is an outstanding balance.

I emailed Bellsouth and got nothing but a pre-canned response. I have tried to call and get transferred and put on hold for 20 minutes at a time. When I did get to speak with someone I was told that the representative who offered to bundle my services "gave you incorrect information" and they refuse to remove the charges from my bill.

Jessee
Forsyth, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2009 08:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/bellsouthatt/atlanta-georgia/bellsouth-att-bundling-is-a-bait-and-switch-scheme-atlanta-georgia-420483. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year. Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report. READ: Foreign websites steal our content