Complaint Review:

• Submitted: Mon, March 04, 2002
  • Updated: Mon, March 04, 2002

• Reported By:
Best Buy - HRS USA Credit Insurance
200 Somerset Corporate Blvd Bridgewater, New Jersey U.S.A.

Best Buy & HRS Credit Insurance Fraud to their customers. Big Ripoff Scam!

Approximately three months back I noticed a credit insurance charge on my Best Buy - HRS USA bill. I contacted the Customer Service Department and requested that it be removed. I advised that I did not use the insurance when I cut off my right index finger and was unable to work. The customer service representative stated that I would be able to file a claim on that injury up to a year in after the incident. the representative stated that he would send out information to file the claim.

I waited one month and received no claim information and called them back. This time I was conected with the claims department and was advised that I would have to leave my credit insurance account open while the claim was being processed.

I filled out the paperwork and transported the rest of the paperwork to the doctor that conducted the surgery on my hand 60 miles to his office. The doctor then sent in the claim form from his office.

This week I received a response from the Household Life Insurance Company. The insurance company advised me that under the terms of my policy, benefits can be condisered if we are provided medical proof of total disability. The letter continued to state that their office could not indicate that I was totally unable to work during the time I was home while my finger was healing on doctors orders. The insurance company therefore responded by stating that no benefits are payable.

I contacted the Best Buy - HRS USA and cancelled my credit insurance account with them. The representative responded by trying to convince me that having insurance on the account was a good idea, and that the reason that I did not receive any type of claim benefit must have been my fault not their.

I am sending out this warning to let everyone know that the Best Buy - HRS USA credit insurance is a FRAUD!!!! Beware purchasers of this institutions credit insurance, they do not pay out benefits.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2002 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/best-buy-hrs-usa-credit-insurance/bridgewater-new-jersey-08807/best-buy-hrs-credit-insurance-fraud-to-their-customers-big-ripoff-scam-15822. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Best Buy - HRS USA Credit Insurance